Haven of Hope
If you are in immediate danger call 9-1-1.
Otherwise, call our 24-hour Crisis Line at 1-800-369-5214
The goal of the Haven of Hope is to provide safety, confidentiality, short-term housing and advocacy for woman and children fleeing domestic abuse. The Haven also provides outreach programs for those in our community that are not residing at the safe home but need assistance with legal or personal issues surrounding domestic violence.
Families will have the time and freedom to explore options and determine what is best for their family. Advocates are available 24 hours a day to support and assist with obtaining helpful resources and opportunities to create a life free from abuse.
Who we serve
We serve women, men, and children – mainly from Goodhue County and the surrounding area. Only women and children under 18 may stay at our safe home, but our outreach and legal services are available to anyone affected by family violence.
Some of the families we serve are from other counties in Minnesota or Wisconsin. It is sometimes necessary for a family to relocate to a different area when fleeing domestic violence.
Our services are available whether or not you choose to stay in the shelter. We offer these services to families so they may have the opportunity to live in a community of their choice with dignity, safety and hope for their future.
- 24-hour Crisis Line
- Advocates are available 24 hours a day through our toll free number: 1-800-369-5214.
- Emergency Shelter
- Efficiency apartments, food, basic necessities and 24-hour staff support in a secure building.
- Advocacy (Personal and Legal)
- Listen, support and guidance in choosing a path that is best for each family
- Assistance with protection and restraining orders, as well as support through court proceedings
- Outreach, Information and Referral
- Women’s Support Group
- Advocate facilitated meeting in a confidential setting allowing for listening, sharing, healing and growth with other women with similar experiences.
- Community Education