At times, women and their children arrive at our Haven of Hope domestic violence shelter with almost nothing. Help us make the Haven a welcoming place for them–and help our other clients in need–by donating goods.
Our list of current needs:
● Twin sheets
● Bath towels
● Laundry baskets & detergent
● Clothes hangers
● Slippers, all sizes for women/children
● Toiletries: soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
● Diapers & pull-ups, all sizes
● Baby wipes
● Cleaning supplies
● Paper products
● Kitchenware, e.g. (but not limited to) pots, pans, can openers, mixing bowls, spatulas
● DVD players & non-violent DVDs
● Gift cards for stores, such as Econofoods, Target, Walmart, & Kwik Trip
● Gift cards for local family restaurants, such as McDonalds, Applebee’s, Randy’s, Culvers & Perkins.
● Bus passes
Call the Haven of Hope at 651-385-8601 or our Outreach Family Advocate at 651-388-9360 Ext. 4 to learn where to bring your goods for donation. Tax receipts available by request.
* Because we have exceedingly limited storage space, we ask that you please donate used clothing and shoes to your local thrift stores, not to us. The following thrift stores in Red Wing generously provide us with vouchers for our clients: The Salvation Army, Annadee’s Closet, and The Wise Penny.
Baskets of Hope
Are you a member of a church, service club, or other group that wants to contribute to your community? We welcome “Baskets of Hope” for our clients who are starting over with limited household items.
Our most needed basket types are listed below, but we’re always open to suggestions. Call our Development Coordinator at 651-388-9360 ext. 5 if you have an idea.
Kitchen Baskets containing:
● Pots, pans, cookie sheets
● Utensils (pizza cutter, spatulas, can opener, etc.)
● Pot holders
● Dishes and silverware
● Hand and dish towels
● Hand and dish soap
● Paper towels
Household Baskets containing:
● Bathroom towels
● Personal hygiene items (shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.)
● Laundry detergent
● Cleaning products (all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, etc.)
● Cleaning rags or washcloths
● Paper towels